Competitive exams. Most of us study for many hours, put in a lot of effort and it is sure to take a lot of toll on us. But, it’s not just the amount of effort or time that we invest that matters, but it’s also the way that we prepare that matters. Let us look that 8 habits that we must inculcate to get our preparation right:
- Plan: It’s very important that each of us prepare a perfect plan and stick to it. Don’t deviate from it and try to stick to it as much as you can.
- Time: It’s not important that you study for 15-16 hours a day, but it’s important that you understand what you study, i.e. the quality. Even if you can spend 4-5 hours of study, it’s okay, but make sure it’s worthwhile.
- Material: Prepare your own material. It gives you the idea of which areas of study you’re strong in and which areas of study you’re weak in. It would eventually help in forming a strong base.
- No mugging: The most important of all habit. Remember! No mugging! If you mug, you will definitely forget to think. Understand the concept, understand the method.
- Regular contact with mentor: Make sure you’re in constant touch with your mentors. If you’re stuck somewhere, don’t hesitate to reach out to them. Remember, it’s okay to have doubts! Remember, it’s okay to occasionally treat yourself to movies / parties for a break.
- Exam Simulation / Test Series: Always write your practice exams very seriously. It would help a lot in understanding the actual exam environment and would help you in better preparation for any kind of paper that comes your way.
- Revision: This is another important point that you should do. We all forget things, but if you keep revising at regular intervals, you won’t.
- Be Yourself: You’re your best judge. Don’t try to imitate others. Nothing beats self-confidence and self-motivation.